Francois Bergh has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA). Thank you Mr. Bergh. I really appreciate your writing and flattered that you would think of me. Cheers.
In Fairness I must say that Mr. Bergh was not the first to nominate. I believe the first was iamjoe (iamjoe.wordpress.com/) and the second was jahasmoments (http://jhasmoments.wordpress.com/). A hearty thank you to the two of you. I pray that you would receive success in your endeavors. This would actually make Francois Bergh the third. I have heard that the third time’s the charm. Apparently sometimes that is the case.
In order to comply with the terms of acceptance I must nominate some other bloggers. I recommend you check out their blogs if you haven’t already. Now these are not blogs I “recommend” simply to uphold my end of the bargain. These are blogs I actually read myself on a regular basis and benefit from. I have made no attempt to avoid nominating people who have already been nominated and would be a little surprised if anyone accepted the award twice. I make no assurances about any of them being “safe for children” (or for you, for that matter). I do not pretend to share the same philosophies, religion, or temperament as any of these bloggers (though I may in some cases). I won’t even tell you what it is I like about any of them. I’ll let you guess. Happy reading.
1 Mere Mortal
Where is Acacia?
The Bunny Adventures
Nicole and Gwendolyn
You Monsters Are People
‘Tis my say.
Go Guilty Pleasures
A Women’s Guide to Women: A Blog for Men
J Has moments
Here are the seven “random” things about me (as per the agreement):
1) I may do the worst “Stairway to Heaven” cover on guitar ever.
2) I think pink is an amazing colour.
3) Knowledge and faith have a connection– this interests me.
4) I have been blogging since 2005
5) I have yet to finish a novel that I have started.
6) I have known a lot of people who are now dead
7) In my senior yearbook there isn’t a single picture of me without a cup of coffee.
The necessary bits (e.g. “The Rules”) for the VBA are as follows:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers.
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination.
3. Share 7 random things about yourself.
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog.
I have been awarded the Liebster by jhasmoments and Caddo Veil Thank you very much. It means a lot to receive praise from talented poets. Cheers to both of you.
The rules for receiving the award:
1. Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
2. Reveal your top five picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
4. Hope that the people you’ve sent the award to forward it to their five favourite bloggers and keep it going!
Rule 1: Tell everyone something that no one else knows about you.
Rule 2: Link to one of the posts that I personally think best fits the following categories: Most Beautiful Piece, Most Helpful Piece, Most Popular Piece, Most Controversial Piece, Most Surprisingly Successful Piece, Most Underrated Piece, and Most Pride-Worthy Piece.
Rule 3: Pass this award on to seven other bloggers.
1: I am single.
2: Most Beautiful piece: The Rage of Hope in my Submission
Most Helpful Piece:The Colour of Hate
Most Popular Piece:So Happy In the Rain
Most Controversial Piece:And All the World Went Gone
Most Surprisingly Successful Piece:Superstition
Most Underrated Piece: La Route
Most Pride-Worthy Piece:Many Days